“Radioactive source security awareness seminar” was conducted for senior officials from different ministries and authorities, activities of which are radioactive sources security related within the framework of bilateral agreement between the Republic of Tajikistan and USA was held on 7 December 2010 in conference hall of “Mercury” hotel.
The following issues were discussed at the seminar:
• Radioactive sources and their use in Tajikistan
• The Need to Protect Radioactive Sources
• International Consensus and Best Practices
• Physical Protection Systems
• Security Management
The representatives of the following ministries, authorities and organizations participated at the meeting:
• Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Ministry of Interior Affairs
• Ministry of Health
• Ministry of Justice
• Ministry of Energy and Industry
• Ministry of Finance
• Committee of Emergency Situation and Civil Defense
• Customs Committee
• State Committee of National Security
• Chief directorate of frontier troops under SCNS
• General prosecution
The objective of the meeting was to familiarize the senior officials of above-mentioned ministries, authorities and organizations with current state of radioactive sources security in Tajikistan and international standards as well as radiation accidents which occurred in other states due to lack of control over these sources.
At the end of the working day results were summarized and future cooperation steps with USA Government in this field were identified.
17a Hamza Hakimzoda Str., Dushanbe, Tajikistan 734003